I just read the Community Free Press article on the Health Care Reform Debate... The following is what I gathered on the subject.
1. According to a Gallup poll: 35% favor reform, 36% are against, and a whopping 29% have no opinion.
2. The House of Reps has moved its reform through, HR 3200. The 1,000 page bill, has passed 3 committees.
3. THe Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee has proposed the Affordable Health Choices Act.
4. Senate is moving slower than the House. House has said "something is going to pass."
5. If an when both the House and Senate pass their own measures- the bills will go into a conference Bi-Partisan committee to hammer out differences.
6. Need for Reform: In 1960, health care accounted for 5.2% of costs. Today it accounts for 16.2%+...
TO LEARN MORE, Free Press recommends visiting